Through our digital collections, we aim to provide access to high-quality digital content generated by the Libraries for research and study, as open as possible; support the teaching, learning, and research needs of the College; preserve at-risk or fragile physical collections through digitization, or at-risk born-digital collections through reformatting; expose hidden, less-used physical collections through access to digital surrogates; and foster experimental, cutting-edge, and innovative projects through technology.
Collection Developent Policy
We carefully select items based on a wide set of criteria.
What's in the digital library?
The library is a work in progress. We are adding new collections, new facets to our current collections (e.g., transcripts), and new features to make our materials easier to use and more broadly accessible.
Current and past digital library contributors
The digital library is made possible by work from members of the Archives & Special Collections Library, Dickinson Music Library, Digital Scholarship & Technology Services Department, library colleagues throughout the Vassar College Libraries, student assistants, and the library technology community. Special thanks to:
- Isabel Bielat (VC 2020)
- Sharyn Cadogan, Digital Production Manager
- Ann Churukian, Music Cataloger
- Joanna DiPasquale, Head of Digital Scholarship & Technology Services
- Andrea Ditkoff (VC 2018)
- Maxwell Hamilton (VC 2020)
- Kristen Diep (VC 2018)
- Beatrix Jones (VC 2020)
- Tori Larson (VC 2014)
- Gretchen Maslin (VC 2013)
- Carolyn Moritz, Digital Technologies Librarian
- Kristen Palasick (VC 2014)
- Augene Park (VC 2016)
- Madeline Pollis (VC 2016)
- Laura Streett, College Archivist
- Arianna Schlegel, Systems & Metadata Librarian
- Mi Rae Shin (VC 2016)
- Arick Wong (VC 2014)
For more information
- Contact us for more information about the digital library group, the technologies we use, and our projects.