Vassar College ANTH-AFRS 386 Interview Project
The interviews in this collection are a result of the projects by students in Vassar College's "ANTH/AFRS 386: Situating Blackness" course in Spring 2015. The course encouraged students to explore the meanings of blackness (and raced identity categories) as lived experience at Vassar College and beyond.
- Bergeman, Jessica A. -- interview
- Bergeman (VC 1996) graduated Vassar in 1996. She was actively involved in the Black Student Union and was president her Junior year. During her time she worked to build a sense of community among the other student organization in the Multi-Cultural Center. She accredits Vassar for developing her critical thinking skills and speaks highly of her time here.At the time of the interview, Bergeman resided in Austin, Texas where she worked as a lawyer.
- Branson, Cherri -- interview
- Branson (VC 1981) grew up in the Washington, D.C., area.
- Harris, Nikki Brandon -- interview
- Harris (VC 1985) graduated from Vassar College with a degree in Political Science.